Sunday, October 18, 2015

The end


http://www.24hourreadathon.com/

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon came to end with me falling asleep before finishing my second book. Other responsibilities and my own lack of sleep got the best of me again this time.

1 read 260 pages, and that's a good deal more than I get to read in the average day. I'm anxious to finish Stardust as it's been a great read so far.

The readathon also reminds me how much I've neglected blogging. It has me thinking of changing the blog focus or creating a new blog to reflect my teacher interests.

Closing survey

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Most of them actually. I started off well but got interrupted by work and then just got lazy.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
If you are scifi reader and a child of the '80s, I would definitely suggest Ernest Cline's Ready Player One or Armada. I am really enjoying Stardust, so some of Neil Gaiman's shorter works might work well for others, too.
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I think it works just fine as it is.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I really liked the GoodReads forum. I've added some books to my to-read list from others' suggestions.
How many books did you read?
Two halves
Which book did you enjoy most?
It's really a tie so far.
Which book did you enjoy least?
See above.
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I definitely will keep coming back as a reader.

No comments: