Sunday, December 24, 2006

Anti-Christmas past and present

Past: When I was about 9 or 10, our preacher convinced my parents Christmas and all its trapping had to go. No tree -- the preacher's family had a Thanksgiving tree, which seems just as pagan as a Christmas tree. No Santa -- although my little brother was convinced Santa wouldn't know we didn't believe anymore and come anyway. I like to refer to that year as the anti-Christmas. It was great. We got to open relatives presents as the came in the mail -- the only hitch is we couldn't tell them until Christmas day.
Present: This year I have to a work today, so it has been Christmas all week. We opened presents Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A good time was had by all -- especially the one who got more G.I. Joe stuff to add to his ever-growing collection.



Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: