Wednesday, May 4, 2005

45 to go
Books four and five in my 50-book challenge were good. But not as good as I expected if that makes any sense at all.
Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell gives insight into the thought process. It made me think of the experience of changing my first response to a question on a test to another answer that was wrong. The quick, first response is the right one for me much of the time. This book was full of anecdotal instances of the same type of experience. I really expected some insight into changing how I think. It was an interesting read, but I wanted more.
The Last Juror by John Grisham was a page turner until the last chapter where the loose ends were wrapped up too tidy and quickly. I like Grisham. He's one of my favorite choices for escapist brain candy. I expect a little more suspense at the end from him. I did like the small-town newspaper setting and thought the characters were interesting. Maybe that's why I was a little annoyed by the wrap-up.
Next up: A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet

No comments: